Enterprise Toronto will be launching a General Business stream of the Starter Company Plus Grant in July 2021. This virtual information session will provide additional information for potential applicants including program eligibility and application deadlines.
Starter Company Plus supports eligible entrepreneurs looking to build their small businesses. The program provides training, mentoring, and advice. It also helps small business owners apply for a micro grant of $2,500 that will assist with growth and expansion of their business.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Be devoting a minimum of 35 hours per week to their small business and not employed anywhere else
- Not be enrolled in any other government-funded employment program
- Be a resident of Toronto with ability to demonstrate proof of physical address
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Not be attending school or planning to return to school while enrolled in the program
- Business must be registered at the time of application (Sole Proprietor, Partnership or Corporation) and this documentation must show a Toronto address.
- Must have a commercial business bank account which corresponds with Business Registration documentation.
- Applicant must have majority ownership and the ability to demonstrate proof of ownership and/or shareholder agreement
- Business must be located in the City of Toronto with ability to demonstrate proof of physical address
- Businesses that require certification and/or license must be current at the time of application
- Business must have been in operation for a minimum of 6 months and be able to demonstrate financial activity statements for this period.
- Can provide match funding of 25% of the grant amount ($625)
- Must be able to commit to one week of virtual entrepreneurship training
*Some business type exclusions exist. More details will be provided during the session.